Despite the weather, I’ve stepped away from the soup this week and have whipped up just about the quickest, easiest coleslaw you can get for a healthy work lunch.
Coming in at just under 130 calories per serve, this slaw is packed with flavour & freshness. It was thrown together quickly this morning when I realised I had forgotten to prep last night – and this, along with packing some fruit and carrots for breakfast and a snack, took me all of 5 minutes before I headed out the door for work.
Thai Style Coleslaw, serves 1 (128 calories)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 140g coleslaw (if you’re organised, combine freshly shredded red & white cabbage and grated carrot together then measure it out – I wasn’t so organised this time so used pre-packaged slaw)
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 3 tsp crushed peanuts
- 20g celery, sliced
- 10g coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- In a cup, mix together the oil, vinegar, fish sauce, ginger and chilli flakes and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw, coriander, chives, celery and 2 tsp peanuts
- Add the dressing mix to the slaw and toss to mix through
- Serve with the remaining teaspoon of peanuts scattered over the top
Done and done!